Monday, October 18, 2010

New Store = Giving Birth

It turns out that starting a new store is pretty much right up there with one of the hardest things I've ever done! Yes folks, it's harder than giving birth via c-section and more difficult than starting a fashion line. I had no idea that there would be so much to do and so many things that go into it. Call me ignorant, but shouldn't it be about the same as doing a remodel on a house? I mean, I've done that a few times and sort of hoped that it would be that easy. I stand corrected.

So I'm really not sure whether or not the store will be ready by November 1st (original launch date) but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Don't worry, you'll be the first to know once I've got this date nailed down. In the meantime, here's some pics of the store as it stands today:


We have lights!


The dressing room is going to be amazing.

What do you think of the store so far?

xoxo,
Sara

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Built my own house, too, and there's always a surprise or two lurking....but you've got an amazing network of friends. Whatever day you open will be just right! Cheers, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Sara go! Can't wait to see it once it's complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! Just take it one task at a time - you will get there! Can't wait to shop :)

    ReplyDelete